Friday, January 14, 2011

Editing and blood


I want to open an editorial. I mean, how hard can it be? Everybody thinks is a writer, nowadays, so the amount of people wanting to publish would be huge.

Besides, all I'd have to do to get readers buying the books would be selling about vampires or similarities. It seems only by saying "bloodsucker" you already have a few thousands of fans. I've read quite a few vampire books myself (yes, shame on me), so I know what I'm talking about: most of them have very bad writing. I could do a lot better if I wrote myself, and that's saying a lot on how bad the writing is. How can I see the holes and mistakes on those texts and their editors can't? Isn't that their job or something? Sometimes I even get mad when I see the s#%&@ that gets to be published and sold. I understand someone has an idea and wants to write a book about it, but I don't understand how it gets edited and is still crap. It actually bothers me. I know it's stupid, but I can't help it.

So, yes, I'm seriously thinking about an editorial of my own. Or maybe, even easier, I'll just write a vampires book. And not in my native language, no: in English, because apparently you don't need much of a vocabulary to sell that. Hell, make it vampires and teenagers, and then I'll have a best seller for sure...

2 comments:

  1. Bueno.. yo soy de los que no te anima en lo de la editorial por no saber nada del tema. Aunque la cosa es ponerse. Pero bueno, escribe.. Escribe antes de que se pase la fiebre y venga otra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha :D
    I know the feeling and I completely agree :). And I myself have already had the same ideas and thoughts :). And I don't think it's stupid at all.
    Have I ever told you about my dream of becoming a literature millioanaire ?:) Why couldn't I, right? If Stephanie Meyer and other similars managed to do so, it can't be that hard :D.

    ReplyDelete